The AOC is a certificate delivered to an undertaking confirming that the operator has the professional ability and the organisation required to ensure the safety of operations specified in the certificate. On the other hand, an AOL refers to an authorisation granted by the Maltese Civil Aviation Department (‘CAD’) to an undertaking, permitting it to provide air services as stated in the operating licence. Every AOC holder is required to obtain an AOL.
Malta is an appealing jurisdiction for air operators due to the fact that the Maltese AOC application process is structured into well-defined stages. CAD maintains a 24-hour service and an AOC can be issued by CAD within approximately three to six months, provided all the required documentation is in order. Moreover, Malta is a neutral state having both economic and political stability, as well as a professional English-speaking working force and competitive costs for obtaining the AOC and AOL.
E&S Group has a vast experience in the aviation industry and our services to business aviation clients include:
- Assisting you in setting up and administering your aviation company in Malta;
- Registering aircrafts in Malta;
- Drafting and reviewing aviation-related agreements;
- Assisting with applications for AOCs and AOLs;
- Managing of structures for VAT and tax planning optimisation.