Looking to register a ship under the Maltese Flag? Malta is one of the biggest ship registry in the world. Ship registration under the Malta flag and the operation thereof is regulated by the Merchant Shipping Act. Most kinds of ships may be registered under Malta flag. This can be done as long as the ship is either owned by a duly incorporated company or entity (irrespective of its place of incorporation), or by a European citizen.
Malta is an attractive jurisdiction for vessel registration. This is due to the absence of restrictions on the sale or mortgaging of Maltese registered vessels. Moreover, there are no restrictions on the nationality of the master, officers and crew of Maltese vessels. There are also no restrictions to the registration of vessels under construction. Moreover, Malta is a neutral state having both economic and political stability, as well as a professional English-speaking working force and it is considered as a cost-effective jurisdiction for both ship registration and company formation.
E&S Group has a vast experience in the shipping industry and our services to shipping clients include:
- Assisting you in setting up and administering your shipping company in Malta;
- Registering your vessels under the Malta flag;
- Drafting and reviewing shipping-related agreements;
- Acting as resident agents in order to liaise with the Merchant Shipping Directorate;
- Managing of structures for VAT and tax planning optimisation.