The Maltese Government has announced a number of financial packages in order to assist businesses in staying afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic. Businesses and self-employed persons may benefit from the following under the Business Assistance package:
- A two-month extension is given to enterprises, including self-employed for the payment of Provisional Tax, VAT and National Insurance Contributions on Salaries. This will apply for taxes owed till end of April.
- A self-employed person who also employs others will get 3 days per week of assistance for himself and 2 days per week for every employee.
- From the €1.8 billion rescue package, €1.6 billion in liquidity are held for companies.
- A company registering 25% less sales will benefit from 1 day per week per employee. This amounts to around €37 per day, equivalent to around €147 per month per employee. Measure is capped at €800 per month.
- Malta Enterprise is extending the deadline for self-employed persons to submit micro invest applications in respect of calendar year 2019, from 24th March to 30th April.
- Bank guarantees for companies requesting operational loans with low interest rates and longer repayment periods.
Get in touch with us to see whether your business can benefit from any of these incentives.
Dr. Deborah Vella
Deborah graduated as Doctor of Laws in 2015, admitted to the bar in 2017 and has been working with E&S Group for the past six years within the Corporate and Legal Department. Her main areas of practice are corporate and commercial law. Deborah also takes particular interest in gaming, employment, residency matters and intellectual property issues. In the professional field, she is subscribed as a member of the Malta Chambers of Advocates and the Malta Institute of Taxation where she has read the Professional Certificate of Taxation. In 2017, she took a managerial role within E&S Group heading the corporate team. Her responsibilities were managing and supervising the corporate team, as well as assisting with legal expertise and client relationships together with the Board of Directors. In the first quarter of 2019 Deborah continued to exercise her abilities and corporate expertise by heading also the Corporate Legal Team.
In light of the above, the Directors have promoted Deborah to be the Chief Business Development Manager of E&S Group. Whilst she will continue to be of support towards the corporate and legal team within the firm, her main focus will shift to being the interface with top tier clients and ensuring that such are serviced in the best possible way. Deborah will nonetheless continue to oversee and supervise all that is related to gaming, employment and IP. As the company’s CRM she will also be engaged in a business development role which involves the planning and executing of offline business development and marketing for the Group.
Deborah is fluent in English and Maltese with a proficient understanding of Italian.
Deborah specializes in corporate, commercial, restructuring, gaming, tax, IP and private client matters.
Phone:+356 2010 3020