In an effort to safeguard Malta and reduce the spread of coronavirus, the government has announced strict rules for businesses moving forward. These include:
- Establishments which are permitted to open must ensure that the maximum capacity of persons is 1 person per 6 square metres of accessible floor space and in the case of outdoor establishment this is reduced to 4 square metres.
- Establishments operating under a snack bar/kiosk license shall not provide, sell or distribute any alcoholic beverages.
- Bars and clubs are prohibited from opening for business from the 29th of October 2020 till the 1st of December 2020, subject to revision in accordance to the situation.
- Businesses which have means to work from home shall continue to do so with support from the government (see remote working policies).
- Shops which provide delivery service, postal services, food stores and essential shops are to continue their service through a no-contact manner, as much as possible.