In an effort to safeguard Malta and reduce the spread of coronavirus, the government has announced strict rules for businesses moving forward. These include:
- Establishments which are permitted to open must ensure that the maximum capacity of persons is 1 person per 6 square metres of accessible floor space and in the case of outdoor establishment this is reduced to 4 square metres.
- Establishments operating under a snack bar/kiosk license shall not provide, sell or distribute any alcoholic beverages.
- Bars and clubs are closed until further notice.
- Restaurants are closed for the public until further notice. They are to operate only by providing delivery or take-away service.
- Businesses which have means to work from home shall continue to do so with support from the government (see remote working policies).
- Shops which provide delivery service, postal services, food stores and essential shops are to continue their service through a no-contact manner, as much as possible.
- Businesses that have had to close following the issuance of Legal Notices will receive the wage supplement at the full rate.
If your business has been impacted by these rules, you may be eligible for financial aid. Get in touch with us for more information.