Thinking of Setting up a Malta Company? Malta is a very tax-efficient jurisdiction where to set up roots. In fact, Maltese companies can benefit from very low effective tax rates. Here at E&S Group we can guide you in setting up a Malta limited liability company in a manner that allows for the best possible tax efficiency.
The setting up of a Malta company is usually a straightforward process. We will ask you to complete our proposal form and subsequently, our legal team will draft the Memorandum & Articles of Association of the company. We will then send you the Malta Company documents for approval. Following your sign-off, your Malta Company is ready to be set up.
The Incorporation of a Malta Company is the easy part. This is where E&S adds value to your incorporation process.
E&S Group assists clients through the whole process of setting up a company in Malta, including:
- Preparation of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company;
- Registration of the Malta company with the Malta Business Register;
- Registration for tax and VAT purposes with the respective authorities;
- Full range of corporate services including:
- registered address;
- operational office facilities;
- appointment of local company secretary;
- sourcing of local directors; and
- ongoing compliance with the Malta Business Register.
- Proposing various bank account solutions (whether in Malta or EU wide);
- Assistance with the day-to-day administration of the Malta company.
Facts about the Formation of a Malta Company
- The Formation of Company in Malta takes approximately 48 hours
- The applicable Law on Malta Companies is The Companies Act 1995.
- There are 2 types of companies in Malta. These are the Private Limited Liability Company and the Public Limited Liability Company.
- You can also reserve Malta company name for a period of 3 months
- Malta Companies are registered at the registry of Companies. There is therefore no need to involve a notary.
- Notably, a Malta company must have at least one director and one company secretary.
- There are no exchange Controls imposed on Malta Companies.
Benefits of a Malta Company Incorporation
- The Holdings of a Malta Company, that meet certain specifications, are tax exempt.
- You can achieve an effective tax rate on trading profits of 5%
- There are also no withholding taxes, stamp duties or other restrictions on distributions of profits from a Malta company to non-resident shareholders.
- Malta is an EU Country and enjoys all the benefits and protections of it.
- Also, a company may conduct its business internationally by only making little changes through a Malta company.
- English is an official language spoken in Malta.
- A registered Malta company is still considered resident in Malta even if the business or ownership happens overseas.
- No Maltese Nationals or residents needed to set up a Malta Company.
- Malta companies may hold funds in banks outside Malta.
Process of Setting up A Company in Malta
Company formation expenses are relatively low in Malta. Thus, making Malta a cost-effective jurisdiction. This applies for not only large corporations’ tax planning, but also small and medium-sized businesses.
Also, setting up a Company in Malta is straightforward. This is because Malta wants, as a jurisdiction, to attract business. Thus, Malta has one of the most efficient company incorporation processes in the EU.
Malta Company Incorporation Procedure
The Procedure to incorporate a Maltese Company is quite simple. Following our standard Due Diligence exercise, we will send you an Incorporation Proposal Form. This form contains questions on all the required information on the Malta Company you wish to incorporate. As soon as we receive this back from you, we will draft the incorporation documents. This usually happens same day. We will then send you all the corporate documents for your approval. Once we receive your go ahead, we will incorporate the company in Malta.
Once your Maltese Company is setup, we could assist you in all other services you might want for your Company in Malta:
Malta Company Taxation
Malta is, above all, a tax efficient jurisdiction for holding and trading companies. Furthermore, the UBOs of Trading Companies in Malta can enjoy effective tax rates of as little as 5%. Those of Maltese Holding Companies could also achieve tax neutrality.
Most Popular Tax-Efficient Company Formation in Malta
Private Malta Company Incorporation
A private limited Malta company is the most popular type of partnership. The limited liability Maltese company is, in fact, the only type of company allowed by the Companies Act. As its name indicates, Companies in Malta have a separate legal personality. This limits shareholder liability to the amount of unpaid share capital. With the correct guidance, a limited liability company can be set up in a manner that allows for optimum tax efficiency.
WHY USE E&S GROUP FOR YOUR MALTA COMPANY INCORPORATION?
At E&S, we provide specialist Malta Company Formation services to corporate or individuals planning to register a company in Malta. We are thus able to offer quick and cost-effective company formation solutions in Malta.
Choosing someone to set up and manage your company in Malta is not an easy task. You need a knowledgeable team but also someone you can trust. We would like to think we offer both. Whilst most other firms are either made up of accountants or lawyers, we are strong in both fields. This gives you comfort that we will manage all aspects of your Malta Company Setup and maintenance. This is what we do.
Our speciality is the setting up and assisting clients to maintain their Malta Company. Also, size does matter. We are the right size to be able to have all specialisations required yet not make you just another number. You will have immediate access to high-level staff.